email: email@example.com | site: www.rakic.com | mobile: 312.933.1020
801 S. Wells | #707 | Chicago, IL 60607
A pioneer in the development of interactive content, experienced in creating innovative communications across multiple media. Dedicated to making interactive technology a viable tool to enhance and manage brands.
FCBi, Chicago, IL
Account Director (and Interactive Strategist)
Winter 2000 Winter 2001
Worked across all agency assignments, managing accounts, leading interactive strategy, or both. Created competitive advantage for the agency and clients by developing both strategic vendor relationships and new intellectual property.
- Developed interactive strategy for new business wins including
- Circuit City and Boeing.CircuitCity.com was rated one of 2001s Top Ten fastest growing e-commerce sites by Media Metrix
- Lead development of BrandRoom (TM) collaborative extranet now deployed globally in eight offices
- Collaborated on accounts across a wide array of disciplines, including work on Circuit City, Gatorade, Archer Daniels Midland, Quaker Oats, John Deere, Scudder Financial, Hoover, Coors, and Kraft Foods.
- Recognized with FCBis first Pillar Award, To acknowledge extraordinary contributions in the area of Leading or Clients.
FCB Worldwide, Southfield, MI
Account Supervisor (for Digital Technologies)
Summer 2000 Winter 2001
Developed emerging marketing platforms. Continuing to develop new business initiatives, and managing client relationships on interactive brand and retail assignments.
- Integrated interactive capabilities as a core agency competency.
- Created Jeep's first wireless marketing initiative, the Palm Sized Jeep Promotion. The brand s most successful interactive hand raiser program ever.
- Developed the first Chrysler & Jeep Dealer Association funded online advertising
- Managed Interactive Television initiatives for all Brands.
- Developed new advertising models for Internet device and wireless platforms.
FCB Worldwide, Southfield, MI
Necessary Evil (Interactive Account Executive)
Winter 1999 Summer 2000
Managed the relationship between the agency and its clients. Focused on interactive advertising for a broad range of brands including DaimlerChrysler, Jeep, Warner Bros., Comedy Central, Little Caesars, Coleman, and more. Built new business and developed new ways for the agency to serve clients.
- Won new business through outreach to the entertainment industry. (Award winning assignments for Warner Bros.'s Any Given Sunday, Comedy Central's South Park, and The Man Show.)
- Substantially grew billings with existing clients, rebuilt relationships and business previously lost to competitors.
- Created an online media planing & buying department from scratch.
- Bootstrapped the "Virtual Brand Room," an extranet which has since evolved into a mission critical tool for working with clients.
- Built buzz for the Agency and cultivated new contacts within the new media community.
Yazaki North America, Canton, MI
Fall 1998 Winter 1999
Worked to implement a global extranet in support of enterprise Product Data Management and eCommerce initiatives. Championed the delivery of mission critical engineering data via a secure network to users at over 100 facilities in 23 countries.
Raven Graphix, Kalamazoo, MI
Information Architect, Founder
Spring 1994 Fall 1998
Created and managed a multidisciplinary team of designers and technicians which delivered innovative solutions for digital and print media. Local and national clients included a wide array of corporations, advertising agencies, non-profit organizations, and small businesses. Clients included Granite Broadcasting, Wireless Magazine, Bell's Beer, and more.
- Successfully developed the world's first online promotion to allow television viewers to directly influence the programming of a broadcast television station.
- Experienced in developing "Beyond-the-Banner" online advertising and promotion solutions.
- Deployed online banner advertising campaigns, which consistently delivered results exceeding client expectations.
- Featured as a weekly technology columnist in The Paper .
The Bishop Company, Portage, MI
Fall 1993 Summer 1994
Collaborated with designers, writers and illustrators on technical documentation for consumer electronics. Participated in both sales and on-site training in support of emerging wireless communications technologies. Clients included Ameritech and Jensen Car Audio.
Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, MI
Telecommunications Management, 1991-1996
Emphasis on communications, media, and technology. Additional coursework in Public Relations and Aviation Operations.
Helped bridge the gap between old and new media for advertising agencies. Developed new media strategies for television, magazine, and newspaper properties.
Developed a comprehensive portfolio of print media projects using PhotoShop, PageMaker, Illustrator, Quark, and Freehand.
Began flying at age 16.